Classic Escapes supports National Diabetes Awareness Week, 8-14 July
DID YOU KNOW? There are 1.7 million Australians with diabetes, and this is set to double by 2031!
Diabetes is a chronic condition where insulin is no longer produced or not produced in sufficient amounts by the body. So when people with diabetes eat glucose (which is in foods such as breads, cereals, fruit, starchy vegetables, sweets) it doesn’t convert into energy but instead stays in the blood.
Making a few simple healthy lifestyle changes will help to reduce the risk of getting diabetes. Prevention is much better than cure! Here are a few simple things everyone can do
- Enjoy nutritious foods
- Choose lower glycaemic index (GI) foods
- Choose healthier options of convenience foods
- Eat regular meals and snacks
- EXERCISE PORTION CONTROL!
- Get active: move more every day, in every way you can; walk more, it’s simple, cheap and effective\
Make the simple changes to your lifestyle and enjoy feeling great with better health!
To join the ‘Let’s Prevent Diabetes’ campaign, make a donation or for more information about Diabetes, go to http://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/ or call their Infoline on 1300 136 588.